After 42 years of operation, all business dealings are based on the principles of fair competition with equal opportunities for all potential suppliers. Creta Maris maintains relationships of trust and cooperation through legitimate and transparent dealings.
The three areas of its focus are:
- Equal opportunities
- Offer of equal opportunities to all recognized companies that want to become its business partners.
- Fair trading procedures
- All business transactions are legitimate. The terms and stages of the transaction are adequately discussed between the parties involved.
- Business partners’ support
- Support of the long-term development of its suppliers, by creating a healthy trading environment.
- As Mr. Manos Kapetanakis, Purchasing and F&B Manager, reveals:
- “At Creta Maris we follow twelve rules to conduct business and collaborations fairly and in good faith:
- We are open to new partnerships with suppliers / producers who meet legal and quality criteria.
- We meet and discuss with all suppliers / producers who are interested in working with us.
- We visit exhibitions to extend our choices in products and suppliers while participating in professional synergies and local actions (i.e. chamber actions).
- We prefer products: local or/and national, organic (for our certified restaurant Pithos), environmentally friendly (in terms of production, packaging, and / or transportation), of sustainable cultivation, with differentiations.
- The resort's purchasing team is easily accessible. The same applies to the hotel manager and the CEO of the company. We are generally close to our partners, avoiding an impersonal and purely professional relationship.
- With all suppliers, the conditions and methods of payment are clear and agreed from the outset.
- We are solvent in complying with the agreed payment methods.
- Our partnerships are long-lasting, and we appreciate the suppliers that have supported us.
- We meet with all our suppliers and visit their facilities whenever possible, always emphasizing the importance of energy, packaging, hygiene and safety, quality, and differentiation.
- We urge our associates to claim certifications for their products and to evolve them continuously.
- We share with our associates the annual Sustainability Report, informing them in detail about our policies and actions.
- We transcend the We Do local philosophy we follow to other hoteliers opening the way to our suppliers to produce and offer innovative and distinctive products in the market created by this trend.
Of course, we do our best to progress, this is the reason we work on these 12 rules and try to establish even more.”