With the aim to become a Zero Waste Resort, Creta Maris, follows a waste management program, which includes the below procedures that are an integral part of its operation.
- Prevention: Disposable products and unnecessary packaging are avoided to be bought.
- Reduce: Products with excessive packaging are avoided to be bought. Priority is given to more durable/long-lasting products. Purchase of recyclable goods.
- Reuse: Reusing of paper that has been printed only on one side Reusing of glass bottles to serve water. Reusing of glass bottles to serve water.
- Recycle and Compost: Recycling of glass, cardboard, paper, cooking oil, soap, batteries and electric utilities, through private special waste contractors. Recycling of plastic, metal, aluminum and textiles, through the municipality waste system.Recycling of raw material residues & leftovers, through the F4F program. Composting of vegetables, fruits, grass cuttings and garden waste within the company’s grounds.
- Monitoring: Performing of regular monitoring of waste in order to ensure that the waste minimization strategy results to reduced amounts of waste disposal each month.